Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

One of the reasons I LOVE Viessmann

Options
Steve Ebels_3
Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
<strong><strong>We are currently installing a new boiler</strong></strong> system in a school and during the initial setup of the boilers (4-Vitodens 105's) we encountered a problem. Installation schedule on this job is pretty tight and I sought a resolution to the issue immediately with my Viessmann rep and distributor. I got a response and a recommendation for resolving the issue the next day from John Kleist, tech service manager at Veissmann. The solution was simple and effective in resolving our issue. The part that really struck a cord with me was his next correspondence. Especially after the ongoing issues with another manufacturer.

I have copied and pasted part of his response below. At this point in our dialogue I had not even hinted or mentioned compensation for labor or a warranty claim.  

<span><em>"Viessmann recognizes that this is outside

of the scope of what we would normally expect the installing contractor

to perform and therefore Viessmann will ask for and accept from your company

a quote for time in which to make this realignment for the Viessmann Manifold

Racking System (see attached LWAR form).   I have left a telephone

message on you cell phone number that you had provided and I would ask

that if you have questions with respect to this e-mail that you do not

hesitate in contacting me directly for clarification as to what we are

asking you to perform.</em></span>"

All I can say is, THANK YOU John and THANK YOU Viessmann for freely acknowledging a problem and being proactive in not only solving it but also your offer of compensation for our additional labor.  I am at the point where I will recommend no other brand of equipment to my customers. It's just not worth it.

Comments

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    Options
    Ditto, Steve

I installed my first Viessmann boiler in 1994 and a few more since then.  It's nice to have faith in the equipment I offer.  While I believe the entire line is the highest quiality equipment I have ever worked with, even they do have issues on occasion.  The most impressive thing is they are always out in front of any issues and never have the run away from them.

I had a problem with an new indirect a couple of years ago.  It was a horizontal tank with a Vitola sitting on it, in a closet (pictured).  I called them, explained the situation, and they had a new tank shipped and took care of the manpower required to remove the boiler and replace the tank.  I couldn't ask for any more help.

Every time someone here breaks on Viessmann for being overpriced, eletist or whatever, I smile because they just don't know.  And while it may sound like a Viessmann commercial, it is earned.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Believer Since 1992

Top notch product, top notch company, and top notch reps. They are the total package.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Greeny1
    Greeny1 Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Ditto

Ditto, from a 2009 Best New Partner! Make sure you guys send in your partner forms after an install!
This discussion has been closed.