Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Hot Rod - Caleffi

Options
I recently purchased a Rehau manifold and was supplied with Caleffi manifold connectors for P-A-P tubing.  Do you know if these connectors will work with Zurn P-A-P tubing?

I've been using Rehau manifolds for years and appreciate the quality and durability.  Now, I'm hearing that you should match the materials; tubing and manifolds should be the same manufacturer. 
8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,141
    Options
    it's all in the olive!

That is what we call the segmented plastic ring that goes around the tube. Ours is segmented to accommodate tolerance range, or slightly out of round tube. As long as the tube has the ASTM F876 listing on it, our fitting will work.

We also have two o-rings for a good seal and a isolation washer built up inside the fitting to keep the aluminum tube barrier from touching the brass fitting (electrolysis potential)

We have some unique features built into our fittings shown below.

We have tested the fitting with most of the pex available. We also have actuators with a -R that fit onto Rehau manifolds.

But the tube manufacturer makes the final call on warranty issues if you use other brands, ask for an approval letter from them to be covered.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • Alan (California Radiant) Forbes
    Options
    Caleffi

Yes, we are using the Caleffi actuators as well.   Thanks for the info.

Alan
    8.33 lbs./gal. x 60 min./hr. x 20°ΔT = 10,000 BTU's/hour

Two btu per sq ft for degree difference for a slab
This discussion has been closed.