Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Carbon Monoxide Sickens Kids At Camp

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 15,977
<a href="http://www.ketv.com/news/24291641/detail.html">http://www.ketv.com/news/24291641/detail.html</a>
Retired and loving it.

Comments

  • Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    I read the link and the comments....

    Parents (whether of kids at that particular camp or not) were upset, of course. Most complained that the parents should have been notified as the kids were en-route to the hospital. I agree.



    But that prompts a question. It seems to me that people operating large buildings open to the public (such as schools, hotels, hospitals, shopping malls) should be inspected (annually or perhaps more frequently) to see that safety systems are working. Where fuels are burned, the devices should be getting regular maintenance, smoke detectors and CO detectors should be installed and working, and so on.



    I know that annually, my Quaker Meeting House is inspected by the fire inspector to be sure that we have enough fire extinguishers in the right places, and that they have been maintained in the last 12 months (which involves replacing them every few years), that smoke detectors are installed and working, and so on. They do not check that our two forced air furnaces are working properly, or that we have CO detectors.



    But I guess this varies by locality and does not apply to Salvation Army summer camps. I think it should.
This discussion has been closed.