Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello air shutter

Options
Sully61
Sully61 Member Posts: 2
I have a riello that the air electronic air shutter is just spinning around not stopping. Havnt run into this before any advice would be appreicated.

Comments

• Unknown
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have

a few retrofit kits in stock,, are you sure you have-it wired properly?,, or is the plug upside down?

As far as I can see, one "micro-switch" cancels out, putting power to the other to open or close the shutter.

Quite easy to get mixed-up,,, been there done that. But if its a retrofit, you need 3 wire to the burner instead of 2. :-)
  • Sully61
    Sully61 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Not a retro fit

I didnt install burner. Its been in approx 4 yrs with no issues, this problem showed up suddenly. Never saw this before not sure if switch assembly needs to be replaced or am i missing something simple?
  • Tony Massi
    Tony Massi Member Posts: 86
    Options
    Air shutter

Your Air shutter is no good. Replace it or disconnect the shutter and rewire the burner to work with out it.
  • toilburn
    toilburn Member Posts: 44
    Options
    air shutter

I have had about a dozen of these shutters fail to open, causing an after hours no heat call. I now remove them at the time of install and remove existing ones at next tune up.
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    air shutter

I haven't had one go bad as of yet, but I do still prefer the hydraulic jack of yesteryear on Riello. I'm sure most won't agree, but look where we are now with failures. The older jacks would leak a little oil, but never had one that didn't open. Not saying that oil leaks are good, but they were barely noticeable. 
This discussion has been closed.