Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

grab & go

not ur girlfriend- What is the typical temp of a Hussmann "grab and go " open air reach-in refrig display case ?

Comments

• ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    ddlong1286@yahoo.com Member Posts: 139
    Did you

check Hussmans website? You need to know the model number, but they even have obselete stuff listed.

I have used their website before when we re-piped a grocery store in IA. Don't know if the website now will have the info you need.

Don in MO
  • Techman
    Techman Member Posts: 2,144
    grab a little

Hi Don, tks, I called Hussman & got the info & also found out about their website.38* is the answer w/ a minimum 5* differantial on the t'stat.Have a good summer!!
  • ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    Stat

What stat are you using? Old fashioned cap tube or electronic? When we re-piped the grocery store, we used the Johnson Controls electronic stats to control all the "new" cases.

Don
  • Techman
    edited June 2010
    grabber

Hi again,this case has not worked properly for the previous 2 owners of this Deli over the past 2-21/2 years. I just started working for this new owner.The G&G case is r134a,the 230vac r-22 cond unit had been converted to 115vac, both comp& cond fan motor.The cond fan motor is 16w w/ a 10" fan blade,twomorrow I pick up the proper 50w motor & 11 1/2 " cond fan blade, Yesterday I converted it over to r134a,& brought the case down to 38-36*.Also  on the remoted cond unit,I put in a c-303HH  liquid f/d  in the 1/4 liquid line and on the 1/2 " suction line I put in a 1 1/8 suction HH  F/D, due to acid .WHEW!!!!! The new customer is now SMILING about the case and the bill because the money comes out of the sale price of the business.So the original t'stst will wait for now unless it aggrevates me! LOL LOL
  • ddlong1286@yahoo.com
    How

many people "worked" on this thing? I have run into things like that, the owner wants something and asks a person to do it. The person replies, sure, with no thinking about reality and why you should not even think about doing what the owner wants!!

When are you going to change out the driers? Are you resizing after the acid clean-up? Sounds like a fun job.

Don in MO
  • Techman
    Don

Hi to you! I will leave the OVERSIZED  F/D in until there is a P/T drop across either of the F/D's .My new cust talking to the previous owner,I am 4th in 2-2 1/2 years .But I get my professional mechanical rocks off finding and repairing [properly] these problems .My mechanical heart bleeds a little for my customer ,but, I love any kind of "it doesn't/hasen't worked right in a long time" service call.Step aside PROBIE!!!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.