Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Music - Zappa Plays Zappa

Paul Fredricks_3Paul Fredricks_3 Posts: 1,549Member
As an obvious follow up to seeing James Taylor and Carloe King, my wife and I saw Zappa Plays Zappa last night in Tarrytown, NY. Great show!!! My wife is a long time Zappa fan (we have a ton of vinyl). I've always liked his music, but really only know what was played on the radio.

I'll admit, I didn't recognize one song last night. But the music was great. Boy, can these guys play. And I wouldn't call it a concert, it was a show. So much going on, musically. I'd go again in a heartbeat.

Comments

• JStarJStar Posts: 2,668Member

He's one of those acts that you might not like, but can't say anything bad about.
  • ScottMPScottMP Posts: 5,884Member
    Zappa

This is a show put on by his son and former band members, havn't seen it but the cuts I here are pretty impressive. Frank was the ultimate musician. I can remember years ago when we voted Frank Zappa as the official musician of the wall or at least most agreed.

Glad to here your still seeing shows Paul.
  • Paul Fredricks_3Paul Fredricks_3 Posts: 1,549Member
    Scott!!!!

Thought I might hear from you. Yes, a great show. According to my wife (and she would know) most of what they played was not the earlier stuff. Truly a great band. Dweezil is no Frank, but it works. 
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!