Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Pool Question

Options
mjcromp
mjcromp Member Posts: 57
OK I have a job that has a 63,000 gallon pool which pumps aprox 80 GPM. I have a 400K BTUH wood boiler. I have two TT Titanium MF260 heat exchangers with pool flow in series and boiler piped in parallel. Can't figure on how to figure what I need for a flow rate through the boiler side of HX. Would appreciate some help.

Thanks in advance.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• hot_rod
    hot_rod Member Posts: 22,216
    Options
    Is that output

for the boiler at 400K? Wood boilers are tough to get exact BTU/ hr output on. Too many variables. If 400K is correct you need to move 40 gpm at a 20 degree delta T on the boiler side.

Remember boiler return protection will be crucial. That much cold load could keep the boiler in condensing mode for extended periods.

Injection mixing or a very large 3 way thermostatic are a couple options for protection.

hr
    Bob "hot rod" Rohr
    trainer for Caleffi NA
    Living the hydronic dream
  • ST
    ST Member Posts: 10
    Options
    TT Heat Exchangers

I am glad to hear I am not the only one who is using the Triangle Tube Titanium Heat Exchangers.  I have a 35,000 gallon pool.  I have a Peerless Pinnacle which I beleive is made by Heat Transfer Products.  199,000 btu's.  The heat exchnager works great.  I have the high set point on the boiler at 170 degrees.  You need to watch sizing on the pump through the heat exchanger, high head pressure.  The system works great.  No complaints at all.  I have no problem heating my pool.  Good luck.
This discussion has been closed.