Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Noisy Smart 50

Options
Slimpickins
Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
I commissioned a Prestige Solo 110 with a Smart 50 indirect today and the indirect is making a lot of noise. It started as it was being heated from a cold tank and I just thought it was expansion. Ater the tank reached temp,  I ran a faucet to adjust the mixing valve it was still making noise, even while just sitting there doing nothing.It's kinda of a metalic noise that resonates.  It has a potable expansion tank so I'm not sure whats going on. Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• brad rutherford
    brad rutherford Member Posts: 6
    Options
    check tank venting

any chance air is trapped at top of tank on the boiler side?
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Options
    No air

There is an autovent on top of the tank so air shouldn't be a problem. I talked to my supplier about it and he said the tank is packed pretty tightly with foam and that may be it. The noise isn't as bad as the first day of operation and the customer said they could deal with it.
  • bob eck
    bob eck Member Posts: 930
    Options
    smart 50

call triangle tube at 1-856-228-8881 when they answer hit zero to get a live person then ask for technical. they will help you
  • Bob Bona_4
    Bob Bona_4 Member Posts: 2,083
    Options
    what

is the pressure on the domestic side? I've had this happen a handful of times, and the solution was a PRV, and x-tank. In those cases the line pressure was over 80..too much. 
This discussion has been closed.