Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Lochinvar Knight gets a Refresh - Paul R?

Options
SpeyFitter
SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
My local Lochinvar rep has been telling me the past year or so that Lochinvar will come out with multiple temperature loads in their built in control and it looks like it's here. Just saw the Lochinvar website and the boilers look like they have a slightly revamped control (has a different colour around the display), and apparently they have the ability to control 3 seperate temperature loads.

Maybe Paul can clarify for me, they do have 3 seperate temperature loads i.e. I can finally heat radiant floors, an indirect, and say a pool heat exchanger or snow melt all off of one boiler control in a priority fashion? I looked at the installation manifold and it wasn't totally clear (although I guess you could say I skimmed it more so) however in the drawings it did show 3 way mixing valves on all the seperate temperature loads saying they were for protection of low temp loads.

Any other features aside from the above that they offer?  Also, all the model numbers have 1 after them now, not 0 i.e. WBN051 instead of WBN050 as an example.

Also, another thing I forgot - looks like they have a variable speed option for the main circulator? If that's the case, it should help condensing much more so...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Paul Rohrs_14
    Paul Rohrs_14 Member Posts: 80
    Options
    New Knight Control

Kevin,

Thanks for the inquiry.  This new control upgrade has a ton of new features. 

Yes, we can control up to three independent reset curves plus DHW.  Although external mixing devices will be required, the boiler will default to the highest temperature load request to meet demand.

There are quite a few new 0-10V(dc) inputs and outputs that for the sake of clarity, I would suggest downloading the brochure from the website.  We will be starting our series of training webinars for contractors here very soon.

The cascade and ramp delay menus are even larger now and accessing and programming the boiler is amazingly simple with the new Navigation Dial.  It is a dial that has scrolling and push button capabilities.

Out of respect to Dan’s Heatinghelp.com site, I am hesitant to review ALL of the features and functions, but the team at Lochinvar is ready to get contractors familiar with this new control and all that it brings to the hydronic community.

Paul
  • smihaila
    smihaila Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Tech questions

Dear Paul,

I'm planning to have a Lochinvar Knight WHN055 boiler installed and I'd have a couple of technical question about this boiler. Some aspects are still unclear to me, even after studying the Installation and Operations manual, and also the Service manual.

So, may I ask you some questions?

Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.