Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

10 treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,568
INDIANAPOLIS – Ten members of an Indianapolis household have been

treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after inhaling fumes from a

gasoline-powered generator.

Indianapolis Fire Department Capt.

Rita Burris said the five adults and five children living in the home

had been sleeping early Monday when one person awoke feeling ill and

roused the others. She said all 10 were on the porch of the home when

firefighters arrived shortly before 5 a.m. They had symptoms including

flushed faces, vomiting and dehydration.

Burris said a dryer hose

attached to the generator to vent the fumes had popped off, allowing the

fumes to fill the home. She said firefighters detected carbon monoxide

at a level more than 10 times that which will trigger a common home

carbon monoxide detector.<a href="http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20100531/NEWS07/100539953">http://www.journalgazette.net/article/20100531/NEWS07/100539953</a>
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.