Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sticky 006

kcopp
kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
Got a no hot water call on a solar job I installed a year and a half back. It has a storage tank to supplement the coil tank. to transfer the water it has a taco 006 Bronze on it. The circ was seized up a bit and I unstuck it w/ a bang of a wrench on the side of the motor.... this is the 2nd or 3rd time that this has happened. the water it not hard... any ideas why this would be happening? ty,kpc

Comments

• Joe Mattiello
    Joe Mattiello Member Posts: 705
    sticky cartridge assembly

Good morning

The 006 does have a stainless steel cartridge assembly suitable for open systems.  After reading your tread, it appears you’re pumping potable water which could have high amounts of lime, or sulfur causing havoc on the pump.  The other potential problem would be Cavitation which could be very harmful to the pump causing the pump to fail catastrophically.  Perhaps you can provide a piping schematic that I can review.  This will give me a better understanding of the system dynamics to help diagnose the problem.  My email address is [u][color=#0000ff]joemat@taco-hvac.com[/color][/u]
    Joe Mattiello
    N. E. Regional Manger, Commercial Products
    Taco Comfort Solutions
  • kcopp
    kcopp Member Posts: 4,431
    pretty simple...

set up.  3/4" piping from the 1 - 80 gal tank (amtrol indirect) to 1 - 119 gal. tank (vaughn- used the tapings provided) .There is about 6 feet total of 3/4. There is about 12" of straight copper either side then a swing check after 1- 3/4 90. The 006pumps towards the swing check.   The water is town water(Durham, NH). No hardness to speak of and the install was done March of 2009.
This discussion has been closed.