Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

IBC - New Condensing Boiler 80-399

Options
SpeyFitter
SpeyFitter Member Posts: 422
Those of you in the West Coast of Canada may appreciate that IBC has a new Commercial Mod-Con out to add to their line up that modulates from 80,000 to 399,000 with a 95.7% efficiency according to the flyer I picked up. I saw one in person yesterday at their manufactuering facility in Vancouver when I had some time to kill and stopped in to take a look as I know they had been working on it and recently had it certified. It's a pretty skookum looking machine. The Heat Exchanger appears similar in design to their 15-150 and 45-225 as far as being a downfiring  coil design (at least I think it's a coil design from how it appears) with a burner in the center only it's a complete ground up design for this boiler only in comparison to their smaller boilers which have the same heat exchanger & burner only different fans & covers. There is also a full heat exchanger access cover on the top so you will have a much easier time cleaning the heat exchanger in comparison to their smaller boiler0s which only allow access through the burner port.  It also has the flue & intake exiting from the top and the condensate trap is built into the boiler cabinet. The Gas & Water connections are at the bottom and the digital display and control board appear to be the exact same one from their smaller boilers. No pictures or any info on their website, YET. Also, the pressure relief valve is now built into the boiler unlike their smaller boilers which require you to install it on the boiler primary loop.

The thing I found the most interesting is they elected to go with the 439 grade of stainless steel over the 316 Ti they use on their smaller boilers. I heard recently that apparently the price of stainless steel has spiked and I wonder if the decision to go with this grade has anything to do with it, but at the same time some people praise the Triange Tube for going with this grade as it has some beneficial properties over 300 series stainless steels. I have gotten conflicting information in grade comparisions on some research I have done.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.