Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Winterization - De-Winterization

Options
Nova
Nova Member Posts: 22
I called the same company that winterized the home I'm buying to de-winterize it.  The home is a duplex with 2 small steam boilers.  I noticed the site glasses were empty for both boilers after they finished, and a few pipes and faucets were left dripping.  Also, both ignition heads are missing.  The plumbers said the faucets were leaking and said they'd replace them for a fee, of course.  And they'd also replace the missing boiler parts for another fee.

Anyone who has first-hand knowledge about the winterization process is asked to respond.  I'm somewhat suspicious about the missing ignitions and the rest. 

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,576
    Options
    missing parts

were the leads removed to keep the system from firing, after being drained? surely the lwco would suffice to prevent firing. any competent technician would have put them in a safe place, or not removed them at all. perhaps the tech wanted to immobilize the system due to some hazardous fault. ask if they have a record of the last service and what was done.

just tell the service company that if they are interested in your business in the future, that you require an explanation of these missing parts.

have you filled the system to verify that no freeze damage exists?--nbc
This discussion has been closed.