Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New constuction radiant house

ed m
ed m Member Posts: 65
building a new house gonna have radiant heat through out house,slab in bsmt. an mud job in rest of house. Going to use a he mod con boiler with indirect water heater. Being that all the temps going out to radiant are all going to be the same do i need any additional temp.controls like mixing valves? I know boiler has built in board for dhw and outdoor reset and i will need relays for zoning.But wondering what if any i need for temp. control.

thanks

Eddie

Comments

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    All temps

How did you arrive at all temperatures being the same?  By most design standards having two different types of installation (slab & thin-slab) there is often the need for different temps.  Have you done a room by room heat loss calculation? 

I try to design all my systems on one temp as a rule to eliminate the need for added controls if possible.  This almost always requires added tubing in areas of higher load.  Have you taken this into consideration?
    "If you don't like change, your going to like irrelevance even less"
  • Slimpickins
    Slimpickins Member Posts: 339
    Do continuous flow!

I would try to design using one temp using reset, TRV's,on your manifolds, combined with continuous flow via a Grundflos Alpha. With a proper heat loss, you would just add more tubing  if your loss is significantly more or add secondary emitters such as panels.

Why not enjoy a Euro style system with max comfort levels and true energy savings?
This discussion has been closed.