Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Association fined £70,000 for carbon monoxide death

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,543
A housing association has received a £70,000

fine following the death of a security guard from carbon monoxide

poisoning.



Clyde Valley Housing Association pleaded guilty last month to a

breach of the Health and Safety at Work Act after 37-year-old Thomas

Fraser was found dead on one of its building sites.

The security

guard, whose employer Alpha Securities provided security services for

CVHA, was killed on 6 February 2008 by a build-up of toxic carbon

monoxide fumes from a petrol generator used to heat and light flats at

the £2.2 million development. He was found feet away from the generator

in a poorly-ventilated temporary office.

<a href="http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/story.aspx?storycode=6509486">http://www.insidehousing.co.uk/story.aspx?storycode=6509486</a>
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.