Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

favorite boiler to install?

Options
Timco
Timco Member Posts: 3,040
So what is your favorite boiler to install and why? Features? Reputation? Pricing? Why do you call out the boilers you do? How long have you been using the brands you do? Same goes for all the other parts in the system?

Tim
Just a guy running some pipes.

Comments

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    favorite boiler

My favorite is Weil McLain. Have installed hundreds of them, 325 in the last 15 years. Solid reputation, great support and top quality products for all applications. Sure, I've used Buderus and Viessmann for special or requested applications, but I have never had a failed boiler or technical troubles that weren't fixed immediately, and most of those issues were when a new boiler came out and I wasn't well enough versed on the unit. And......it's American Made !!

I use Taco circs and controls, Tekmar reset controls and Honeywell boiler controls and wireless Tstats......good stuff, great reps and top notch service, Need I say more ???
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    Options
    Some what American

I believe The Wild Mc is cast in China now ...

I always like Buderus line and their tech support is top notch , Thanks to Charlie .

Burnham Megasteam

I also like Tekmar ,Honeywell and Taco products as well ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    I am partial to...

The Lochinvar Knight.

A well thought out product with the most flexible access to the controls for the qualified contractor. Have had VERY few issues with it, and when I did, I got immediate resolution through either the factory, or the local representatives.

The only thing they can't do is steam, and I no longer do steam, so it's not a big deal.

Have been using the Knights since they came to the market.

I like any variable speed pump (WILO, Grundfos), long walks on the beach with my Golden retriever and grand kids bouncing on my knee :-).

As for controls, the Knight comes with everything a person would/could need, but if I am retrofitting an existing system, tekmar still holds the line. For whole house systems, the new ENV control looks pretty darned interesting on the top end jobs.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.