Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Buderus Boiler job from h**l

Options
BBM
BBM Member Posts: 1
Buderus GB142/45 Have replaced numerous parts as per the instructions of the so called tech line. Recently replaced the whole boiler. The problem still exists:

Boiler locks out on error code 6A...... ignition failure. After much standing around the boiler goes through the start up sequence. The ignitor comes on for about 2 seconds then shuts down followed by the energizing of the gas valve. The problem seems to occur on a call for space heating as well as domestic. I am at wits end with this problem...looking for someone to help me out of this one!!! 

Comments

• Bart Vaio
    Bart Vaio Member Posts: 56
    Options
    6a Error

Sounds like if you've tried throwing parts and even a new boiler at the problem, it is likely not the boiler at all.  Whats you incoming gas pressure static and dynamic?  What type of gas is it?  Was it properly converted if applicable?  Does it have a blocked vent?  Will it run with the flue removed?
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    What's your power supply like?

I remember having problems with one of these in the mountains. The problem ws dirty power. Maybe a UPS is in order to clean up the power.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,794
    Options
    Charlie

Get a hold of Charlie from Buderus .. He is the one of know .. But be on the job site when you talk

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Jean-David Beyer
    Jean-David Beyer Member Posts: 2,666
    Options
    Maybe a UPS is in order to clean up the power.

I think about this a lot, but have never tried it. It depends a lot on what you expect from the UPS. Most of them just run the incoming power through a surge protector into the load under normal conditions. The ones I have for my computer stuff monitor the line voltage and if it gets too high, they reduce it by diddling a tap on a transformer. Similarly, if it is too low. If this does not correct the problem, they switch to the battery. Mine also monitor the incoming waveform and if it is too ugly, switch to battery for that too.

But how much battery do you propose to provide? My boiler manufacturer says I should have a dedicated circuit capable of providing 15 amps, and I have that. That's 1800 watts. But does it really need that? I doubt it. (N.B.: I am not a contractor.) What does it need? Power to run 4 Taco 007 circulators, at most three on at a time. Power for the blower that moves the air through the burner. Power to run the low water detector. Power to run the thermostat circuits. Power to run the condensate pump. Power for the ignition and control board. How long should the UPS be able to power the system? If it is only a minute or so, that would be one thing. If it should be able to power it long enough so the power company has time to put in a new pole that got hit by a truck, put on a new pole transformer, and wire it all up, that would be a lot more.

I have a big UPS on my computer. The UPS can put out 2200 volt-amperes. My computer takes about 900 watts (big computer, 6 hard drives, two processors, etc.) plus a monitor, router, etc. The UPS can run it about 40 minutes (when the batteries are new). But that UPS costs a lot, and probably should not be kept in an unheated garage next to my boiler.

Has anyone actually put a UPS on a residential boiler?
  • Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,322
    Options
    Anyone check the gas pressure?

Is the gas pipe of adequate size for the run?
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • Devan
    Devan Member Posts: 138
    Options
    6A

Gas , check presure, if LP second stage regulator.

May not be boiler issue.
  • Blakester
    Blakester Member Posts: 1
    Options
    6A is killing me

I have had this Buderus Logamax 142 for five years and it has only worked

correctly one winter. I finally live on wood heat via Central Boiler hooked into the

radiant system. But occasionally I need the extra power of the LP Buderus and naturally it works the first time I start it up, but fails next time the systems call for heat. The Code is always 6A!!!!

Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

Blake
  • lchmb
    lchmb Member Posts: 2,997
    Options
    service

This is a really old post and a lot has changed since then. Where are you located and have you had your supplier/service man in to check the unit and use a analyzer to check the system? Have the gas pressures been checked for flow and lock up? 
This discussion has been closed.