Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

commercial hot water system returns

Options
Jersey
Jersey Member Posts: 1
domestic return lines commercial return lines when and how to use balancing valves? I have my book pumping away, I have learn so much from that book! But a book on domestic hot water pumps, water heater, please help.  boiler man from Jersey

Comments

• Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Thermal Dynamic balancing....

is normally done by attempting to even out the flow so that the returns are all coming back relatively equally as it pertains to temperature. This will require some means (ball valve or balance cock) on every return in order to spread the flow out among all the returns.

Most DHW circulation return system pumps are usually a lot bigger than need be. Make certain that the pump you have installed is not moving water through the pipes too fast or you will discover a problem known as hydraulic erosion corrosion. Best example I can give of that is the Grand Canyon...

In addition to balancing the returns, you want to be certain to incorporate an aquastat on the return so that when the water comes back at an adequate temperature, that the pump is turned off. Don't forget to use a time in that circuit as well. No need to run the pump during periods of sleep or non use.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.