Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Uh oh......

Options
Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
Looks like I'm in trouble with the FBI...

Attn: Fund Beneficiary,

This is an official advice from the Federal Bureau of Investigation FBI - Foreign Remittance/Telegraphic Dept. (FRTD). It has come to our notice that the sum of USD10, 500,000.00 has been transferred into Bank of America (BOA) in your favor as the beneficiary.

The banks in Africa and Europe knowing fully well that they do not have enough facilities to effect this payment into your account used what we know as Secret Diplomatic Transit Payment S.D.T.P to pay this fund through wire transfer. Secret diplomatic transfer payments are normally funds related to Drug, Terrorist and Money Laundry system of payment. Why is your payment made in such secret transfer if your transaction is legitimate and not related to drug/terrorist and money laundry? Why cannot the bank of origin effect direct transfer into your account than secret diplomatic payment transfer?

Due to the increased difficulties and unnecessary scrutiny by the American authorities when funds come from through such payment process from Europe, Africa or Middle East, it is our mandatory obligations to ascertain the documentation and certification of this fund before the final crediting into your account.

We advice you contact us immediately, as the funds have been stopped and held in our custody pending when you are able to provide us with a Diplomatic Immunity Seal of Transfer (DIST) that authorize the payment and certifies that funds originate from Africa, Europe and Middle East is free from Terrorist, Drug and or Money Laundry or we shall confiscate the payment. We will only allow the funds to be release into your account immediately you make provision of the required document. You will be directed where and how to get the document if it is not in your possession.

Kindly get back to this office via this email: <a href="mailto:fbiauthority@dcemail.com">fbiauthority@dcemail.com</a>

Robert S. Mueller, III

FBI Director.

Gotta admit, these guys are at least getting SOMEWHAT creative. But they need to learn how to spell :-)

Enjoy!

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• JStar
    JStar Member Posts: 2,752
    Options
    Quick!

Grab a check. Pay to the order of Africa, Europe and Middle East!
  • Big Deal,,,,

I get 2 or 3 like that a week,,,, and I`m Canadian!
  • Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Its amazing how dumb

People believe other people are? I'm sure the FBI would come find you for proper documentation........Not correspond through emails as specially for an amount like that. The spelling would not surprise me for the FBI.

Gordy
  • Mark Eatherton
    Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,853
    Options
    Stupid to the tune of $270 million dollars in one year....

Read'em and weep...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23945241/

I got a spam email from one of my associates yesterday. Good thing I run on a Mac...

Hackers should get their fingers glued together like a scoop when they catch them. Let's see how fast you can type now Wonder Boy ;-)

Just kidding...

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Gordy
    Gordy Member Posts: 9,546
    Options
    Should not kid Mark

They need to hammer down on these types of crimes big time. If the punishment is steep it might deter more of them. it will only get worse if they don't

Its a rarity to see anyone use a check book anymore. We as a society are growing more dependent on the convenience of the digital age. Sometimes not by choice but because we have to. Sometimes it makes things better, and sometimes worse. It will not be to many more years before everything we do will be done via the internet as far as paying bills, and banking, I do, its convienient, saves time, stamps, and licking.....but it also leaves those people vulnerable. I think I commented my feelings on digital dependency in another thread.

I know the Apple sales pitch "you don't need anti virus software because  no one wants to make a virus that only infects 15% of the computer market". I think that someone will capitalze on that train of thought one day, maybe they are waiting for a little more market share. I'm a PC guy dabbled a little on the daughters apple laptop, I just don't care for them. Not to say they are not good machines I have just been a pc guy to long.

Gordy

This discussion has been closed.