Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

heating review

plumber4
plumber4 Member Posts: 13
hello to all I am new to this wall with advise from a manufacture rep. I am a commercial plumber by trade and in process with removing my all electric house and installing a condensing boiler with two pass low temp Smith HE baseboard and a Viega manifold which will control 6 zones. My heat loss is 42K btu 16K-18K sq ft and I will be including a 40 gal indirect. I was looking at the Triangle Tube 110 with the smart 40. my shortest zone will be 40 feet developed length and my longest will be split into two 100 foot developed lengths. I am looking for input on TT vs others such as munchkin contender. With my heat load being only 42K would I be better of using the contender with a lower modulation rating? Would it be to risky to try the Solo 60 in lieu of the 110? Also I am looking at using a variable speed circ pump on the manifold so I can set the flow with the delta T at 20 or 30. In addition if I run the supply at 130 or 140 with a 20 or 30 delta T return constantly would I really benefit from an outdoor reset? My concern is I do not want to send out cool water and have the reverse effect? Thank you for all your input.  

Comments

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Review

I would consider sizing the baseboard to the desired system temp needed at design conditions.  If you can afford the extra baseboard and have the footage to install it.

I am a fan of the TT boilers.  With that load you are right in the range of output for the TT60.  It sounds like you have got a nice system design.  I have had great luck with the delta "t" circulators, especially with the Triangle Tube and baseboard. 

You can adjust the upper and lower temperature parameters at the boiler control for ODR operation with the TT.  I wouldn't go without it.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.