Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Landlords Prosecuted After Mother and Daughter Poisoned by Carbon Monoxide

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 15,341
The Health and Safety Executive last week successfully brought a

prosecution against two landlords, who also happen to be brothers, after

Motoko Riley and her six-year-old daughter Emily were poisoned by

carbon monoxide. Southampton Magistrates Court issued fines of £7,000

each to Robert Watts and David Watts, in addition to costs totalling

£9,000. The brothers, who both live in Woodlands, Southampton, pleaded

guilty to a breach of section 3(2) of the Health and Safety at Work Act

1974, which imposes a duty upon every self-employed person to “conduct

his undertaking in such a way as to ensure, so far as is reasonably

practicable, that he and other persons (not being his employees) who may

be affected thereby are not thereby exposed to risks to their health or

safety”.



<a href="http://www.first4lawyers.com/blog/landlords-prosecuted-after-mother-and-daughter-poisoned-by-carbon-monoxide">http://www.first4lawyers.com/blog/landlords-prosecuted-after-mother-and-daughter-poisoned-by-carbon-monoxide</a>
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.