Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

greenhouse heating with hot water

Options
grassfarmer
grassfarmer Member Posts: 1
I have an outside wood heater that heats water which is used to heat my house. I am interested in using it to also heat a 144 sq. ft. greenhouse. I have access to some steam radiators I'm thinking about using. What size pump should I use, is this a good idea, or does anyone have other suggestions? I'm trying to keep this as low cost as possible. Thanks.

Comments

• Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,785
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Grassfarmer

OK , I will not ask :)

From what I understand its more important to keep the roots warm ... Am I correct ? If so you might be better served running radiant loops controlled by floor sensors ... Say you use tables with a bed of dirt ... Run loops of heat pex tubing under the soil , the floor sensor will control the ideal temperature ... Of course you don't want to cook them either , mixing valve to temper the input will also be needed ...

You may use the radiators if big enough to keep away the frost if need be ...But you said steam radiators ? If the radiators is steam only, with only a bottom passage way connecting the sections you can't use them for hot water .. Connected top and bottom you can ,but will need to move and change the vent from half way to the top.And replace the steam vent with a bleeder .

Putting the heat where its needed most will be more economical for your business

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.