Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

suntecs cavitating

Options
doctor
doctor Member Posts: 1
installed a number of overhead lines system 2000 w/ roth tanks. all of a sudden this year they are all going out, starving for oil. 5 inches of vac and the filters are half full. if you bleed em they ll go two weaks and calf out again. some of these systems are two years old and have only gave us problems recently. i'm wondering if it s the quality of the oil; maybe a new cracking process.....??any ideas?

Comments

• Dan Goodridge
    Dan Goodridge Member Posts: 62
    Options
    roth pickup

How are the oil lines piped into the Roth tank.  We usually hardpipe the lines as the Roth pickup can be problematic
  • billtwocase
    billtwocase Member Posts: 2,385
    Options
    ditto

I never use their suction system. High vacuum also showing some restriction. Do you have an OSV in there somewhere? I also prefer dropping the line to the floor where possible. If it's a high lift and long run, you are doomed from the start.  peace
  • EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Options
    Couple things....

I agree with the others, hard pipe pick ups. Have you flushed the line back to the tank? Have you connected an oil watcher and monitored oil flow? Something has changed, question is what. Have you bleed it with the hose submerged in oil, closed the valve, and closed the bleeder with hose still submerged? (power bleed)
  • toilburn
    toilburn Member Posts: 44
    Options
    Tiger Loop

I install a Tiger Loop with every Roth tank. I think they have changed something in the Suntec pump and they don't perform as well as they used to.
  • Jim Hankinson
    Jim Hankinson Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Suntecs cavitating

In the Roth installation manual it is strongly recommended that if the oil line is one-pipe that an automatic oil deaerator (Tiger Loop) be installed "to ensure proper burner operation." 2-pipe systems can be used but frequently lead to noise complaints.
This discussion has been closed.