Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Faulty furnace seeps deadly gas in Algonac, Michigan home

DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 15,988
Bridget Schwartz recently averted a terrible tragedy last week, thanks

to a $30 purchase she made several years ago.



Schwartz and her

family recently moved into a home in an Algonac subdivision and were

just about finished unpacking. The carbon monoxide detector was sitting

on a ceiling fan box in the living room, both items waiting to be

installed.



That Tuesday started off as a typical day. The mother

of four was getting her last son off to school when the alarm went off

on the detector. At first, Schwartz didn't take the warning seriously,

figuring the device was malfunctioning.



<a href="http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2010/03/19/news/doc4ba0f2ac6fbfc768158637.txt">http://www.voicenews.com/articles/2010/03/19/news/doc4ba0f2ac6fbfc768158637.txt</a>
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.