Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Johnny NY

Great to meet you face-to-face! What a hoot to finally meet wall-friends after years of 'talking' via threads.

For the second time in as many weeks, another manufacturer (Triangle Tube this time - Daikin last time) freely discussed the Legionella amplification issue and sanitation of the potable hot water by maintaining elevated storage temps - 140F in this case!

Bless them - they also spent some time discussing scalding issues and why it's important to incorporate a scald-guard mix vlv on all water heaters.

Felt like dancing an Irish Jig, so I did(G).

The battle's not won, but it sure feels great knowing major armies are signing on. ME - looks like this will be an industry-led battle forging on ahead of our plumbing code bodies - no longer waiting for them to do what it is they should have done more than a decade ago. Bravo!

Also got to tour the dying industry of tankless coils and watch them being made. Seemed ironic to turn just 90-degrees to observe the indirect Smart-series water heaters being assembled and foamed and shipped. Felt like standing on an international date line watching as the baton was being handed off.  

Comments

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,226
    Hey, Dave!

Yeah, it was great to finally meet you. Hope you enjoyed your BBQ'd ribs and pulled pork...I know I did.

I really enjoyed the seminar...most instructors get sick of me within the first hour or so, but I don't care. If I don't ask questions I'll get bored and won't learn a thing.

Looking forward to getting some more wallies together one day soon. Will keep you posted.

Best of everything to you and yours,

JohnNY
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
This discussion has been closed.