Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Looking for resources about coal fired larger boilers????

Fordrat
Fordrat Member Posts: 1
OK guys and gals I haven't posted on here in years but I been reading and knew I'd need to post again someday.  Here goes. . . .just got offered a dream job as the HVAC guy in a resort up in the mountains of Wyoming.  I'll be living there basically and one of the major things in one of the 3 lodges is a 3.5 million BTU coal fired boiler that I'll be responsible for.  Now I need to dummy up on coal fired boilers and boilers of this size in general.  I would love to know any resources you guys know of from the areas where coal fired is more common.  Where I'm at we just don't use it.  I'd like some book titles and or computer stuff primarily troubleshooting related,  and if possible a list of stuff to buy one of and put on the shelf!!!  I'm looking forward to hearing the input from you guys who deal with coal burners more that I do.  Thanks in advance for any help you guys can offer.  

Comments

• Glen
    Glen Member Posts: 855
    it does sound like a great job -

and I would look for specific info on the stoker and stoker control that is installed; the boiler itself and related piping may be relatively new compared to the fuel source and equipment.
  • Robert_25
    Robert_25 Member Posts: 527
    Stoker

Congradulations on your new job.

I think you would be best to contact the stoker/boiler manufacturer (assuming they are still in business), and get whatever literature they have available. 

Is there someone else at the resort that can "show you the ropes" on this coal system? 
This discussion has been closed.