Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

one tank- two burners

none
none Member Posts: 16
Any one know of a gauge, that could be installed on the oil line,

that can evaluate the consumption of each individual oil burner? 

I understand the pump pressure+nozzle size+hourly burner cycles to determine usage, but I want a simple gauge if any one could lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.  Any time you have one tank, two burners(tenants)---complaints will be made about usage, without visible evidence.  Just looking for a gauge nothing else.

Comments

• ChasMan
    ChasMan Member Posts: 462
    Flowmeters

I think what you are looking for is a flowmeter. I remember back in 78/79 the gooberment was setting these up on all of the housing units to monitor usage so they could ration fairly. Every other one would stick. They still make them though. Just google fuel oil flowmeter. I don;t know if they are any more reliable. A lot of them require fairly high flow rates to work properly.

You might be better off with a guage that measures burner run time. That would at least be accurate and you could probably calculate the usage + - 2% or so.
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,929
    Do it right

Just install a second tank , let them fill it up their selfs and avoid the headache ... Trust me on this one

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.