Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

CO forces family out of Taylorsville, Utah home

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,543
TAYLORSVILLE — Three people were hospitalized with carbon monoxide

poisoning Friday after a vehicle was apparently left running for much of

the day in a garage.



A couple in their 70s returned to their home

near 4800 South and 700 West about 8 a.m. Friday after running an

errand. They called their son more than eight hours later, saying they

and their 26-year-old granddaughter who lives with them were feeling

faint and dizzy, said Unified Fire Authority Capt. Cline Mecham.



When their son and daughter-in-law arrived at

the house, they immediately detected a strong smell of car exhaust,

discovered the car was running in the garage and called 911 about 4:30

p.m., Mecham said. Investigators suspect the vehicle had accidentally

been left running since that morning.



Fire officials measured more than 150 parts

per million of carbon monoxide in the house. "We usually evacuate

buildings with 15 parts per million," Mecham said.



The couple's granddaughter, who lives in a

bedroom directly above the garage, was found unconscious and was

transported to Intermountain Medical Center in critical condition. The

grandparents, who were both conscious, were also taken to the hospital.



Hazardous materials teams ventilated the

house.



<a href="http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700014386/3-hospitalized-for-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-in-Taylorsville.html">http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700014386/3-hospitalized-for-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-in-Taylorsville.html</a>
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.