Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

Poisonous gas 'at a fatal level'

DanHolohanDanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 14,620
TWO men accused of causing the death of a

holidaymaker in Cornwall were responsible for installing and

commissioning a boiler which pumped "fatal levels" of poisonous gas into

the room where the man died, a court was told yesterday.



Contractors Jonathan Mark Mingo and Phillip David Hodge

are accused of the manslaughter of father-of-two Frederick Jackson, 52,

from South Wales, who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a hotel

room in Newquay.



Mingo, 36, of Cormorant Drive, St Austell, is charged

with unlawfully killing Mr Jackson by gross negligence, as he was

responsible for the design specification and installation of a boiler

flue pipe.



Hodge, 48, of Polmear Road, St Austell, is also charged

with unlawful killing by gross negligence, on the grounds that he was

responsible for commissioning the boiler system.http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews.co.uk/news/Poisonous-gas-hotel-room-fatal-level/article-1887327-detail/article.html
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!