Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Palm Treo (windows) user, what do I upgrade to?

GW
GW Member Posts: 4,799
Hello, I'm thinking about moving on from my Treo with windows, what are you all finding out there? I really have grown accustomed to the Windows format. If you too where hooked on windows and have moved on, I would be grateful to hear how it's going for you, and what you bought.

I have Verizon, and am very happy with the cell service, and would prefer staying with the big V

Thanks, gary
Gary Wilson
Wilson Services, Inc
Northampton, MA
gary@wilsonph.com

Comments

• Constantin
    Constantin Member Posts: 3,796
    Wait 6 months if you want to stick to Windows

Our friends in Belmont, WA are in the process of rolling out Windows 7 for Mobile devices. Applications written for older versions of the OS (i.e. 6.x and below) will not be compatible with the new OS, so it will be a clean break with the past.

I'd consider an android-powered phone as an alternative if you need something sooner. However, few phones have the good keypads that used to grace the older Treos (not the sticky concoctions they sell now)... That said, I got used to the iPhone way of doing things, and if Palm hadn't been so late to the party, I may have even considered one of their more current phones. The Pre Plus looks tasty but I have yet to use one.
  • JohnL
    JohnL Member Posts: 38
    The Nexus One

If you want to stay with Verizon the Nexus One is coming on the 24th

of March. A very powerful phone. Also the Palm Pre Plus is Also a great phone.
This discussion has been closed.