Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

California family survives near gas poisoning

DanHolohanDanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 14,617
LIVERMORE

— A Livermore family narrowly escaped being poisoned by carbon monoxide

this morning, fire officials said.

Shortly after 5:30 a.m.,

firefighters received a call about a medical emergency on Olivina

Avenue.

They arrived at the caller's house to find several

children and adults gathered outside. All said they were having trouble

breathing, said Livermore-Pleasanton Fire Department Capt. Paul Legasa.

Upon

entering, officials found the house full of smoke. They quickly

discovered the source was a small, smoldering electrical fire in the

attic. Family members had been unaware of the fire due, in part, to a

lack of smoke detectors in the house, Legasa said.

Three people

were taken to the hospital for gas inhalation, he said.

The fire

appeared to have been caused by electrical work that was not

code-compliant, Legasa said, adding, "This family's lucky to be alive."http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_14513045?nclick_check=1
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!