Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Couple died of carbon monoxide poisoning on Black Saturday

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,565
The Royal Commission into Black Saturday has heard how

an Arthur's Creek couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning in the

cellar of their house.



The commission heard Glenys and Josef Matheis had a "perfect" fire

plan but held a perhaps unrealistic belief that they would be safe

inside their cellar.



It had two entrances, one from inside and one to the outside.



There was a dam on the property containing a substantial amount of

water, and the inquiry heard a fire pump inside a concrete box at the

water's edge was undamaged.

<a href="http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/03/2835196.htm?section=justin">http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/03/03/2835196.htm?section=justin</a>
Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.