Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit

Four taken to hospital following Doncaster carbon monoxide scare

DanHolohanDanHolohan Posts: 14,701Member, Moderator, Administrator
carbon monoxide poisoning


BABYSITTER has been taken to hospital with possible carbon monoxide



19-year-old woman was looking after three children at a house in

Aldcliffe Crescent, Balby, when she fell ill.

When her father

went round to the property with a carbon monoxide detector, the alarm

was set off and they called the fire service.

The woman and the

young children, who were not thought to have been showing any symptoms,

were taken to hospital as a precaution, a fire service spokesman said.


the firefighters used their own carbon monoxide detector, the alarm

was not activated. Crews were unable to confirm that carbon monoxide was


<a href=""></a>
Retired and loving it.


  • Mark EathertonMark Eatherton Posts: 5,843Member
    I find it interesting...

    that none of these updates are coming from Germany. Lots from the UK and elsewhere, but nary a one from Germany.

    Maybe having the law behind you for doing chimney/efficiency checks does save lives...

    It's not so much a case of "You got what you paid for", as it is a matter of "You DIDN'T get what you DIDN'T pay for, and you're NOT going to get what you thought you were in the way of comfort". Borrowed from Heatboy.
  • DanHolohanDanHolohan Posts: 14,701Member, Moderator, Administrator

    Great observation, Mark. Thanks.
    Retired and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.


It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!