Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

NTI Boiler questions

Mark Eatherton
Mark Eatherton Member Posts: 5,852
Wallsters, I serviced an NTI Ti200 for a friend today.

When I was inspecting the condensate drain assembly, I noticed considerable darkening of the front (primary) condensate drain connection.

I understood the company has a recall out on their product for the "Y" fitting, and was wondering if that was an indication of potential failure.

The boiler is less than three years old.

Thanks in advance for your input.

ME

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• Noticed that on other makes too Mark,,,

Could-it have anything to do with combustion air supply?
  • Mark Eatherton
    I think it has more to do with

operating temperature. This boiler has been running at 205 degrees F since it was installed 3 years ago.

If I were the manufacturer, I think I'd be concerned....

Thanks for the input Dave,

ME

• 205F?,,, sheesh,,

What did he figure a modcon would do for him?  :-)
  • Mark Eatherton
    Cautious installer....

The installer for the GC had never installed any of these new fangled moco boilers. I suspect he didn't wire the OSA sensor in because he was afraid that the baseboard wouldn't work with anything less than 180 degree F water temps, hence the 200 setting. When I walked into the (super insulated) boiler room, the heat almost dropped me to my knees...

I should have taken an IR photo of the mechanical room before I modified the controls. I seriously doubt that the appliance ever condensed much.

Strange thing was, he installed the sensor, he just never hooked it up, which sends the boiler into a set point control operation.

ME

• Ran across that too Mark,,,

on an Ultra 105,,, previous installer mounted the sensor, ran the wire into-it, but didn`t connect,,,, "DOH,",,, how does one do that?

But of course,,, I`m supposed to diagnose this for next to nothing,,,,, believe-me he got a surprise! ;-)
  • Plumdog_2
    Plumdog_2 Member Posts: 873
    NTi wye fitting

The fittings that were recalled were black like ABS, that one looks like the updated version. I saw one that crumbled while changing it out. Hook up the OD sensor for sure! That baseboard will work fine (as you know). 
This discussion has been closed.