Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need for warmth stirs danger in New Castle homes
NEW CASTLE — Two potentially dangerous situations were averted Saturday
night after the owners of two homes noticed something awry and contacted
the fire department before serious damage was done.
incident occurred at about 10 p.m., when a resident at 152 Main Street
detected smoke in her home coming from the area near her fireplace,
which she had been using to heat her home for two days following
Thursday night's storm.
When fire crews arrived, they discovered
heavy fire inside of the wall behind the chimney, Fire Chief David
"Luckily she was home and caught it early,"
Blanding said. "If she would have waited and hesitated even a few
minutes, it could have been a lot worse."
Retired and loving it.