Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit

have Richardson 2 pipe

What to know about air vents locat on return one is frozen can't move adjusting screw. What type of air vent can replace the richardson vents.


ira 516-569-0569


  • Get a Steam Pro

    You might want to take a look in the "Find A Professional" section at the top of this page.

    Scroll past  the "zipcode" section (the sofware is new and "buggy")  and  scroll down to the "States" section . There are a couple of really good steam pros located near you. I'd get one of them to take a look at your system and give it a "tune up"

    - Rod
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,552

    That sounds like a good idea. Is this the original Richardson vent? Kind of looks like a Tee? Didn't know it had adjustments on it.

    A properly vented Richardson should have vents at the ends of the mains and the returns. Originally it just had the Return vent which was fine for coal firing.

    The vents need to be sized for the size piping you have. Check out Dan's book if you have yet. Loads of great info.
This discussion has been closed.