Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

sealed-combustion tubing

Options
Wonky
Wonky Member Posts: 10
Woke up this a.m. with one of my two Rheem Classic 90s dead.  The blower sounded like an aquarium filter; it's obviously filled with water.  Looking more carefully at the system (besides changing filters, I never paid much attention to it), I realize that the tubing that exhausts directly to the outside isn't pitched.  When you jiggle it, water (and probably a lot of moldy grunge) sloshes around in it. 

Am I correct that this tubing needs to be pitched?  What about the air inlet tubing?

Comments

• Coany
    Coany Member Posts: 91
    edited February 2010
    Options
    water sloshing in the combustion blower?

there should be drain tubing coming off the bottom of the combustion blower, draining into a condensate pump.

if your hearing water sloshing around inside the combustion blower, this is the tube that is likely clogged.

gently pull off the tube( the water in the blower will drain out, try to catch it as best you can) and blow through it to clear the clog.

it is also possible that a low spot in the exhaust pipe could interfere with operation.

the large pipe going outside should be pitched back towards the unit.

after you clear the drain tube, and drain out the combustion blower

lift gently on the large exhaust pipe, and listen to the water all run back to the unit

and drain properly out into the condensate pump, which should kick on.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.