Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Please help identify this Weil-McLain boiler

Options
JohnNY
JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
Here is the CP number: 2079378

WM can i.d. the date of manufacture but not the model due to a computer issue of some kind. I'd appreciate any help in identifying the model and BTU input/output.

Thanks a bunch.

JohnNY
Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
Consulting & Troubleshooting
Heating in NYC or NJ.
Classes

Comments

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    weil mclain boiler

Looks like a LGB gas commercial boiler. Looks like it has flame guardian control system that can be L-H-L operated using temperature controls. They were from 6-23 sections in size. Need to know # of sections to determine BTU rating...smallest 6 section is 458MBH or 1646 sq. ft. steam

7 section is 549

8 section is 641

add approx 92,000 per section.

• JohnNY
    JohnNY Member Posts: 3,231
    Options
    Wow. Thanks, Al.

I can't get access easily to the boiler again, so would counting the burners help determine the number of sections?
    Contact John "JohnNY" Cataneo, NYC Master Plumber, Lic 1784
    Consulting & Troubleshooting
    Heating in NYC or NJ.
    Classes
  • Al Letellier_21
    Options
    aclheatdoctor@myfairpoint.net

Not really as there is no information in the book as to how many tubes per section. Section count is the best, or length of the boiler left to right would do it as well. I counted 15 or 16 tubes in your photo. I will dig a little deeper, Have an installation manual as well and will check that.
  • Al Letellier_21
    Options
    number of tubes

All I can find is that with a single manifold and base, the largest that boiler can be is a 12 section, rated at 1.007MBH or 3,621 sq feet of steam........that's really cooking !!!!  Let me know if you can get some dimensions or section count. Sent you an e-mail. Write back direct if you wish.

AL
This discussion has been closed.