Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Riello Burner Running running short intervals

Options
1164Cassel
1164Cassel Member Posts: 6
Burner keeps tunring off and on with very short intervals. (one-two minutes at a time).  Burner will go back on without pushing the reset.  

Comments

• Al Letellier_21
    Al Letellier_21 Member Posts: 402
    Options
    Riello

Having the same problem and got the solution. Call Buderus at 1-800-buderus and they have the fix. It involves a new nozzle and higher pump pressure with a turbulator adjustment. I may not have the same burner as you so best to call them. This has been an issue for some time and I wonder why they don't give out the fix with every boiler. Not all of them do that but has to do with hard light off in a cool chamber.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Options
    Interesting!

Al, what exactly is turning the burner off? Is the flame just extinguishing? And if it is, why wouldn't it go off on safety? Is a relay going off? Motor overheating?
  • helpingothershelpthemselves_2
    Options
    Jedd

Jedd,

I answered you directly via your email .

I am glad you enjoyed the oil heating seminar  I gave at West Islip Public Library , and thank you for the very kind words.

Any other problems I can help with , I am here for you.

Ken Resnick
    He who knows WHY

Shall be master of

He who knows HOW
  • 1164Cassel
    Options
    Not a Buderus

My Reillo Burner is hooked up to a Weil-McLain Boiler if that changes things a bit.
  • TonyS
    TonyS Member Posts: 849
    Options
    I doubt that its the burner

If the safety is not locking out the burner something else is disrupting the power to the burner. The thermostat heat anticipator, the aquastat, ect.
  • Paul Fredricks_3
    Paul Fredricks_3 Member Posts: 1,557
    Options

We saw similar problems and the cause was cold oil. A switch to an "A" nozzle solved the problem. Does the burner actually shut off and restart, or does the flame just drop out and the burner continue to run in pre-purge before refiring?
  • 1164Cassel
    Options
    Reillo burner

the flame just drops out and the burner continues to run in pre-purge before refiring from what i'm looking at.  A bit of white smoke has puffed back from the boiler after hitting the restart button this morning in addition to an odd smell.   
This discussion has been closed.