Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Oil tank guage

RyanC
RyanC Member Posts: 38
The gauge on my tank appears to be stuck.  I'm assuming it's stuck since it's been a month since my last oil delivery and it is still reading 7/8ths full.  Is replacing the gauge something I should try? 

Thanks,

Ryan

Comments

• EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Not a big deal

Check the old one you maybe able to fix it, if not : Remove the vial hold the bobber and make sure the arrow is not pointing towars the fill or oil lines if top feed.
  • RyanC
    Not a bobber type

The one that is there is not a bobber type.  It is more like a dial.  Does that make any difference?
  • D107
    D107 Member Posts: 1,849
    Tap gauge face with your knuckle--worth a try

HO here, that worked for me with my Roth tank months back. the guess from techs was that fill went slightly past the recommended max, and some foam temporarily gummed the works. Company offered to replace the gauge, but on a hunch i tapped it and it went back up. (In my case it was stuck lower than should have been, leading me to think delivery amount was less than receipt said.) It's been fine since.

Note that on a 275 gal roth tank max fill is 263gal and recommended max fill is about 240gal; so I've been told by techs who should know.
  • EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    What?

What kind of tank do you have? Is it a Roth? If so you will need to get the same gauge as you have now. If you have a standard type 275 you could get the same gauge type or get the bobber type as I described.
  • RyanC
    Tank type

I have no idea what type/brand of tank it is.  I dont see anything on it that would tell me.  Is there anything I should be looking for?
This discussion has been closed.