Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Are things getting worse? OT

Options
2»

Comments

• REX
    REX Member Posts: 29
    Options
    awesome

Dan,you seem like a smart man....yeah im sure you are,like my dad. After all its just pipes,a mans got to  learn a lot more to make it in this world. Keep on keepin on....like old man river.  :)
  • Steve Ebels_3
    Steve Ebels_3 Member Posts: 1,291
    Options
    Thanks for the good vibes

I have mentioned solar to a few and crunched numbers for them. The payback is waaaaay down the road. Solar here is marginally feasible due to the cloudy days/reduced output and the huge hot water demand in a lot of the larger dairy farms.

USDA did help out on two wood fired jobs that met the efficiency standard. One of the real road blocks for a lot of our dairy guys is that fact that they literally can not borrow any more funding for capital improvements. It is getting to a critical point for a lot of them. I went to a benefit supper tonight with a lifelong friend who is a dairy farmer. He said milk prices are juuuust about at his break even point right now but futures are already headed back down. Anyone who knows me knows that I am not a downer type person but it's getting to be a struggle to stay positive in the Wolverine state.  Thanks again for the good thoughts.
  • theboilermaster
    theboilermaster Member Posts: 4
    Options
    warm air guys

What I've noticed is a lot of "warm air guys" are trying there hand at installing boilers and badly underbidding them. Then they take shortcut on the installation and screw it up. I've made more money this year re-piping and repairing jobs that I "overbid" on and didn't get. Pay me now or pay me later as they say. Besides it save my back not having to haul the old boiler out and the new one in. I went on one estimate and was the customers 8th bid. I knew he was only looking for the lowest price. I never gave him a bid, just a card that I wrote on the back, "call me when you can't stand the noise and the bad heat". Sure enough I got a call 4 months later. Got to love those bullhead tees.
This discussion has been closed.