Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Grundfos Magna ????

tim smith
tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
Just getting ready to install my first Magna, I have installed the Wilo stratos and the Grundfos alpha but just wondering what ye all have for input on the Magna. Thanks in advance, Tim

Ps, this is an old 1920s bricker, 70 unit building w/ zone valves for every apt. Pretty good app I felt.

Comments

• Ross_7
    Ross_7 Member Posts: 577
    Magna Pumps

We installed some on our campus apartment buildings. Just the noise reduction from the old B&G pumps is worth the money. No complaints so far. Watch them ramp up & down., as needed pretty neat. Good Luck!

Ross
  • Supply House Rick
    Supply House Rick Member Posts: 1,399
    Why switch from WILO?

Were you unhappy with the Wilo? Isn't Wilo the king of ECM pumps?

Just asking...

Thanks
  • Simply Rad_2
    Simply Rad_2 Member Posts: 171
    Sizes

I have you both Wilo Stratos and the Grundfos Alpha.  I think they both work well.  One thing I recently  found out, is that there are very few sizes in the Alpha series compared to the Wilo.  Wilo seems to have a much larger variety to chose from

Jeffrey
  • tim smith
    tim smith Member Posts: 2,800
    Response for Rick.

Rick, I liked the Wilo Stratos ok but they canned their local rep whom I knew and went to another who is not as mainline and does not know the product. The Grundfos rep here is great so that is why. Tim
  • daveb149
    daveb149 Member Posts: 5
    magna: no need to set the orange dial-EASY!

wilo is a good product and does offer a few mid range sizes that alpha cant cover and magna could but is too expensive.

the best part about grundfos is that is is truly auto adaptive where wilo ONLy works off a proportional curve. this results in an additional 20% in electricla savings for magna v wilo.

i hope your install went well. i have been installing magna wherever possible! i have also tried the e pumps from grundfos which work great!

i just cant wait for the bacnet communication module that is coming! that will be great to VERIFY savings with this pump!
This discussion has been closed.