Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.
Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.

If you've found help here, check back in to let us know how everything worked out.
It's a great way to thank those who helped you.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.

0-3psi #33020

mikemmikem Posts: 1Member
i just received my 0-3psi #33020 for the steam boiler. Now to put it to work.

I plan to take mthe pressuretropl off the pigtail and the with a T fitting abd a few brass nipples, and elbows, reattach the ptrol to one side of the "tree" abd the 0-3psi gauge to the other side. I will not touch the 0-30psi guage.

I am going to use a black iron union. that way I can get most of it together on the beanch. From the union, the retst will be breass fittings. Should I use the same sealant on both the iron and brass. Teflon and/or rectorseal #5 ?

We stil have the two-pipe, air vent system (1900??) with radiators with two supply valvers and air vents.

Thanks for the help fronm HeatingHelp and Dan Holohans books!

Comments

• LanceLance Posts: 138Member
    Pressuretrol reattach

If your pressure trol has a mercury bulb, make sure the bulb travel is perpendicular to the pigtail movement. Otherwise it makes no difference.  Some gauges are internal trapped and may not need a pigtail trap to protect them. Follow the mfg instructions on the pipe dope container, brass to iron should not be a problem.
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!