Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

New construction heating system questions

DavidWebb
DavidWebb Member Posts: 2
I am building a new house and have chosen a combination of radiant heat and baseboard. I am using a Buderas Logano 115-WS 4 and a 80 Gallon SuperStore hot water heater. The plumber wants to put the Super Store some 80feet from the Buderas. Doesn't it matter? Or should I insist on having it moved right next to the furnance? Also, living in Mass, should I invest in the Logomatic computer? The HVAC guys said it would save me an additional 15%-30% in fuel usage. Thanks

Comments

• Charlie from wmass
    Charlie from wmass Member Posts: 4,318
    Insulated the pipes

If you do that the 80 feet will not matter much. It may be to get the domestic water closer to the usage point. this saves recirculation lines for the domestic water and all they entail. I would opt for the logomatic control also I would want a mixing valve on the outlet of the indirect water heater. This can greatly increase the gallons per hour from your heater to the tank and also mean a high tank temp to help combat bacterial growth in the hot water tank. You also want to make sure the piping is off the proper size to allow the indirect to get the flow it requires for fast recovery. I am guessing a large multi bath house if you are installing an 80 gallon indirect.
    Cost is what you spend , value is what you get.

cell # 413-841-6726
    https://heatinghelp.com/find-a-contractor/detail/charles-garrity-plumbing-and-heating
  • DavidWebb
    DavidWebb Member Posts: 2
    follow up question

can you recommend a specific mixing valve for my 89 gallon Super Store, my pipping is 1".
  • EddieG
    EddieG Member Posts: 150
    Honeywell / Sparco

I like the Honeywell Antiscald Valves. Sweat type part# AMX102-US-1 or NPT type part# AM102-1. the sweat model has union connections which are nice for service.
This discussion has been closed.