Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Wirsbro Thermal Actuator

Big Ed_4
Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,929
How do you make sure they are adjusted correctly when replacing them. The paper work that came with them is a joke .. Looks like the inside wraper on a Boozuka bubble gum. Tech suport told me to cycle the heads and install them hot or fully open .. But did not supply adustment instructions I know that much.. What I did do is tighen the ring until no more wobble ?? Not sure if correct. This is a 20 old system. This circurt had the square motorized ones with end switches. All the end switches went bad..

There was an error rendering this rich post.

Comments

• EricAune
    EricAune Member Posts: 432
    Fully open or closed

I believe they are fully open or fully closed.  Adjustment for flow would be done before actuator installation with the valve adjustment.

• Dave H_2
    Dave H_2 Member Posts: 567
    Actuator installation

there is no "adjustment" to a thermal actuator on the manifold.

tighten the ring by hand, and snap the actuator in place. That's it

the actuator only knows two positions, open or close.

The reason for "initializing" the actuator is there is a chance the end switch would be made and therefore create a call for the circulator. The actuator is shipped slightly open so that it is easier to install on the manifold.
    Dave H
  • Big Ed_4
    Fully open

Wow could it have been that easy. What is throwing me off is that tech support said . To install them fully open or you can damage the head .. I was worried once the head cooled down it could bottom out before fully closed ... Wish it came with better paper work ..

• heatboy
    heatboy Member Posts: 1,468
    If it's 20 years old.......

....does it have the old TA manifolds?

• Steve Whitbeck
    Steve Whitbeck Member Posts: 669
    Thermal acuators

If they are the 4 wire ones and you are using the end switch - sometimes when they have been cycled full on and then off they will not close far enough to turn the end switch back off - it this is the case then you will have to turn the mounting ring up about 1/2 to 1 turn so that it will go down all of the way.
  • Big Ed_4
    TA Manifold

Not sure if its a TA , Found the connection union leaking on my return trip today .I had to tighten them up.. I wondered how they got loose ? Looks like they leaked before ..Someone built a trough to divert the water away from the transformer :0 The system was a mess .. Old 40VA transformers laying about .. It was under powered . one 40va with 10 heads .. A old Tecmar 240 zone control was used for a bank of 5 ..The circulator power on it was disconnected , and missing it's relay to be used as a end switch ... besides the bad switches in the other bank of heads ... A old system that was jury rigged over the years .. Thanks for your help guys...

This discussion has been closed.