Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

ultra 2 with sediment

Options
I have a weil mclain ultra 2 which I am having a sediment problem with. it is a 4 yr old radient system. I have onyx tubing as well as pex in the bsmnt floor.  I have a strainer in line right outside the boiler in the supply which I am having to clean every day or I have very little - if any water flow.  I have found out that weil mclain is sending out Sentinal x100 water treatment with the boilers now. I have flushed out my system and added 2 tubes of treatment and have seen no positive results thus far. (added treatment 1-17 and today is 1-22) . I have had the sediment tested and found it to be 50% aluminum.  does anyone have any experience with this product or know how long it takes to work?  I was told that the product will coat the heat exchanger to protect it from further corrosion.

Comments

• HEATHELPER327
    HEATHELPER327 Member Posts: 3
    Options
    NEED MORE INFO

YOU NEED TO PROVIDE MORE INFO TO HELP YOU.  wHAT IS THE PH OF THE WATER IN THE BOILER?  WAS THERE ANY GLYCHOL IN THE BOILER SYSTEM AND IF SO WHAT TYPE?  REMOVAL OF THE "SEDIMENT" WILL REQUIRE FLUSHING OF THE ENTIRE SYSTEM AND THEN ADDING THE NEUTRALIZER BACK IN TO THE SYSTEM.  IF YOU DO NOT FLUSH OUT THE SYSTEM YOU WILL NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEM
This discussion has been closed.