Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

American Standard Boiler Heat

Options
I will try to explain this best I can. I have an American Standard Boiler Heater, its gas operated with an electric pump, it says GPH-100 on the side with a series number of 1B-J1. what maintenance tips are there to ensure efficient and good heating this winter? Also when the burner fires i can hear the sound of running water in one of the rooms. this is just a single story house with a basement. there are baseboard type radiators in everyroom of the main level and two all together in the basement itself. I am new to this and trying to figure it out. Also the pump seems to be somewhat noisy its directly below the bedroom and the sound alone of the pump would drive me insane if it wasnt for a large box fan in the bedroom. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• nicholas bonham-carter
    nicholas bonham-carter Member Posts: 8,578
    Options
    noisy pump on american standard

i presume this is hot-water heat, because it has a pump?

why not post your question on "the wall" and more wet-heads will see it.

there are some excellent books from the shop here on hot-water heat, which will make the subject easier to understand.

it sounds as though you have unwanted air in the system, and therefore you should use the find a pro button above. a pro can show you how to do many things yourself, as well as solving the immediate problem.--nbc
This discussion has been closed.