Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Inventories?

Options
DanHolohan
DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
How have you found the inventories at your suppliers this winter? Have they had what you've needed? Did you have to wait longer than you expected to have to wait? 
Retired and loving it.

Comments

• CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    From A Suppliers Point of View

For the most part, A and B type "items" seemed to be at the point in past years. The missing holes at times where the C,D,E items that you don't turn as often. With the construction industry as a whole down, my turns of the A and B items where not as quick as in the past which then caused a few bumps in the road of the other items. Another contributer was the increase of lead times from our vendors whether due to trucking issues or cutbacks.  

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Tim_41
    Tim_41 Member Posts: 153
    Options
    inventories

The basics are there for the heating side of the picture.  With the plumbing side, I am finding that I have to look ahead and order items such as fixtures that are non-white or non chrome fixtures.  Really its not that bad. Its forced me to be more organized in some ways.
  • BobbyG
    BobbyG Member Posts: 79
    Options
    supplier also here.

I am like Radiantwizard - ditto - but I find myself getting much better and efficient at finding the "C" and "D" items.
  • Robert O'Brien
    Robert O'Brien Member Posts: 3,541
    Options
    Better

It's better than last year,but winter isn't over yet!At least I hope not?
    To learn more about this professional, click here to visit their ad in Find A Contractor.
  • DanHolohan
    DanHolohan Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 16,528
    Options
    Any tricks you'd like to share?

Love to hear them. 
    Retired and loving it.
  • CMadatMe
    CMadatMe Member Posts: 3,086
    Options
    Tricks

Really no tricks. You have to go a little ol'school. Pad, pencil and a walk through the counter/warehouse areas. You also really need to know what products your vendors have. There are alot of vendors that have common products so you fill in utilizing vendor B even though you mainly purchase a product from vendor A.

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• BobbyG
    BobbyG Member Posts: 79
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tricks

master distributors for one.

You also learn quickly how long some businesses take to "process" paperwork - an item could be on their shelf, but it might not ship out for a few days.

When you need something there isn't a margin for error so you figure out quickly who you can depend on and who you can't... there are some great companies that are quick and dependable.

I wish we could stock the world but I'm dealing with what I'm given.
This discussion has been closed.