Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

Adding a radiator

Jimbo_5
Jimbo_5 Member Posts: 222
I am thinking of adding a radiator to a small pantry that has never before been heated.  The room is only 5' x 6-1/2', which leads to the rear outside door, sort of an ante rood.  I have a small radiator in the basement (EDR of 24 much larger than necessary) that I was thinking of installing there, with a TRV.  My boiler is a new TT mod/con, but the piping in the basement ceiling is over kill, 2" black pipe running supply & return throughout the basement.  My question is this:  am I better off piping the radiator in normal, to supply & return, or since it would be the last radiator on the return piping coming back to the boiler, perhaps I could run the return piping in the radiator's supply side and out the return side.  Is it worth the effort? 

Comments

• Timco
    Timco Member Posts: 3,040
    piping

If you pipe it that way, you would need diverter tees on supply & return to get the water to flow through the rad. Better to just pipe it supply & return with TRV, or use something with less EDR. Perfect place for a flat panel rad or wall mount CI rad.

Tim
    Just a guy running some pipes.
  • Jimbo_5
    Jimbo_5 Member Posts: 222
    Thanks Tim

I agree with you.  But my reason for thinking about running the return line through this new radiator has more to do with reducing the return piping's temperature to make the mod/com happy and a bit more incline with condensing more often.  Yet, is it worth it?
This discussion has been closed.