Welcome! Here are the website rules, as well as some tips for using this forum.
Need to contact us? Visit https://heatinghelp.com/contact-us/.
Click here to Find a Contractor in your area.

pure fire control question

clammy
clammy Member Posts: 3,142
i was wondering if any one have  used a pure fire and programed for constant demand outdoor reset using the supply sensor i am wondering why the boiler circ is constantly on i would fiqure that with the supply sensor that the boiler and the circ would only operate when the set point on the odr is calling but it seems not .I have the sensor (tank sensor) mounted in a 30 gallon boiler buddy and the system is working great i was just a little disappointed in the control set up and that the boiler pump runs constant,even though i did not want to install a stat to control the boiler it seems i will have to i was hoping to run it all through the odr and on the system side constant circ and trv on all panel rads (wilo stratos ) The wilo is controlled by a ranco etc .I guess if i an not resolve this i will be instaling a temperture averaging stat and mount the stat in the boiler room and install 3 sensor though ou tht e house not really what i wanted to do but what can i do peace and good luck clammy

R.A. Calmbacher L.L.C. HVAC
NJ Master HVAC Lic.
Mahwah, NJ
Specializing in steam and hydronic heating

Comments

• Wayne Heid
    Wayne Heid Member Posts: 49
    What are your control settings?

What control settings did you choose for Central Heating Mode, Domestic Hot Water Mode, and Pump Mode?

If I understand your setup correctly, you should be using a CH Mode of 2, a DHW Mode of 0, and a Pump Mode of 2.

Wayne
  • Big Ed_4
    Big Ed_4 Member Posts: 2,929
    Hand Waving

Let me ask this , since I just installed my first unit yesterday, on a emergency replacement job... Worst part is trying to learn , read and program at the end of the job LOL ...

The Sure Fire is being used for heat only , two zones , I wired the end switches from the zone valve to the thermostat terminals , mounted the out door sensor , and the only change I made was set it to outdoor reset with thermostat ....

Was I correct ,or is there any other recommendations I should make , Just two small baseboard loops ...

There was an error rendering this rich post.

This discussion has been closed.